Our desktop publishing team can adapt the layout and design of your translated documents. Ensure your text is still aligned, images are laid out properly, and typefaces are supported in all required languages. Contact Summa Linguae Technologies now to see how we can save you time and money with our innovative DTP services.
Desktop publishing (DTP) refers to creating both print and digital documents using page layout software. Because every language has its own structure, DTP services are necessary to preserve the layout of a translated document, book, publication, or manual.
For example, English-to-German translation results in text that’s 30% longer. Or English-to-Arabic translation requires a document to be flipped from left-to-right to right-to-left. To adapt to these differences, a document’s layout needs to be adapted for each new target language.
You no longer need to find a separate supplier to prepare your material for printing. At Summa Linguae Technologies, we offer an end-to-end approach—from translation to DTP.
Our DTP services consist of:
- maintaining the original layout of a document after translation
- adjusting or changing a document’s layout for a new language
- converting non-editable files and preparing them for translation (OCR)
- adjusting materials for printing or publication in required formats
- controlling the quality of the performed layout (typography, compatibility with source files)
- image and graphical editing
Our team of DTP specialists work with all desktop publishing software and file formats, including:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe CS/CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe PageMaker
- XML, HTML, and PDF
Get in Touch
Contact us now to get started with desktop publishing localization at Summa Linguae Technologies.