The Internet has not only contributed to the elimination of borders in communication. It has also changed the way we sell and buy. The global network has enabled us to use products and services that for many years had only been available to local customers. Although the purchasing process has been facilitated, there are still certain barriers that hinder our access to foreign products. E-commerce translation, although complicated, is certainly necessary.
The Ellos Group is a leading e-commerce group in the Nordic region, specializing in fashion for women, fashion for men and home decor products. The group includes the brands Ellos, Jotex, Stayhard, and Homeroom.
Scope of work
Ellos Group, based in Sweden, operates in the Nordic region and markets its products in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. To constantly provide their customers with attractive offers, Ellos is in need of language services with very quick turn-around time. Since 2013 Summa Linguae provides Ellos with translation of products descriptions, SKUs, website content and marketing materials. We also created technology integration solutions to make sure the translation process goes smoothly and the content is automatically implemented in the Ellos’ systems.
• Industry: e-commerce / fashion / home decor
• Languages: Swedish → Norwegian, Danish, Finnish
How we did it
– Given the needs of Ellos are quite big, we came up with two separate processes: one for the product text and one for other content.
– We receive files for product text translation twice a day and they are automatically analyzed by our translation platform. After the translation is done, the files are delivered to Ellos’ CMS and implemented there.
– There was another process developed for ordering translation of the website content. As there are many employees ordering translation at Ellos, we created a dedicated webform with the most popular features. This form is also connected with our translation platform so the content is imported automatically.
“Ellos publishes an average of 150 new products on a daily basis for our own 4 brands and over 700 other brands that complement our own collections. The combination of Summa Linguae’s automized translation solutions and specialized translator teams allows our customers to find product information in their own language the minute the products are available.” – Henrik Ström, Marketing Production Manager, Ellos Group