The speed at which the world of technology users and providers shifted from websites to apps is an irrefutable foundation of today’s app economy. The business of the modern world runs, thrives and explodes on apps. Apps are imperative for every business’s success and market growth. But so is app localization.
The exponential and pervasive growth of apps gets accelerated by the sheer ease and variety that the users today enjoy, thanks to the proliferation of smartphones. Mobility has transcended all previous thresholds of business potential. With a phone in almost every hand today, a business can truly tap the power of real-time service powered with nick-of-the-time insights about a user. This possibility deepens the influence of any app. The presence of a mobile platform has catapulted the potential of apps in unique ways.
Most businesses miss out on the long-tail effect of the apps they diligently make. All the hard work, design, technology muscle, investments, and developer work get wasted if an app does not realize its real effect with the target user.
And target users today are not only in your business region anymore. They are spread far and wide, sprawling towards every corner of the global business world. They may not speak the language of your app. They may not be familiar with the design vibe of your creative team. One needs to talk in their context. This calls for some attention on mobile app localization.
Localize and Mobilize:
App localization adds a new weight and depth to any app, bringing it closer to intended users. For users who are seated in a new region, speak a different language and are raised in a different culture; it is crucial to customize an app to their environment. Else, all the money and work put in an app fail to deliver any impact.
With app localization, one can augment the app by:
- Making it accessible and easier to use for new users.
- Giving it better visibility and exposure.
- Allowing an app to maximize its reach by opening up to new target segments.
- Creating it as a ready base so that the requirements and nuances of every user type get accommodated well.
- Helping to expand the number of downloads.
- Letting app localization deliver more revenues by satisfying the needs and gaps of users hitherto unattended.
- Being ready for all kinds of screen sizes and operating systems in fashion in a target market.
- Achieving speed and efficiency in going beyond the default mode- whether it is use of numbers, currency, date, alphabets or design elements.
- Making the app versatile but impactful for a variety of app-stores and other points of exposure in new regions.
- Improving user experience irrespective of the device format or language used.
App localization’s Snow-Ball Effect:
When the areas listed above are addressed well with the right platform and team for app localization, it immediately reflects on the conversion rates as well. People are spending more and more time on screens, and they are available every instant of the day for talking about new products, features, services, and delights if they are available in their language and dialects.
Effective app localization can garner faster downloads, more revenues, current demographics, informative reviews, competitive edge and new insights about the global users. It helps to transform a business from a local player to a worldwide brand.
Invest smartly in-app localization. It is a rigorous process that needs accuracy as much as it requires speed and variety. But doing it right pays off fast and huge. This process will also entail in-app purchases, keywords, video, text and review aspects.
The time for hard-coded apps is passé. It is time to be ready, flexible and versatile – as per the needs of new users. It will help your business to crack every last mile, in every region of the world. The world would be your playground.
Teach your apps to speak Roman. In business, that means the sound of happy customers and more revenues.
How new EU regulations will impact the global life sciences industry
Upcoming EU regulations will significantly impact the life sciences industry. Here’s what you need to know...
The Future of Big Data: 7 Trends for E-commerce
Big data is already a big deal for e-commerce—but this is only the beginning. Here are the opportunities a...