Use of the services available via the Website means that the User:
1. has read these Rules and Regulations and agrees to all provisions thereof;
2. undertakes to use the Website in accordance with applicable law and these Rules and Regulations;
II. Legal basis
1. The Act of 21 July 2000 – Telecommunications Law;
2. The Act of 18 July 2002 on the Provision of Services by Electronic Means.
1. The Rules and Regulations define the terms and conditions of use of the “Summa Linguae” website accessible at https://summalinguae.pl, operated by Summa Linguae Sp. z o.o. with its seat in Krakow.
2. The terms used in these Rules and Regulations shall have the following meanings:
(a) The Company – Summa Linguae Sp. z o.o. based in Krakow, at ul. Opolska 110, 31-323 Kraków, entered in the enterprise register maintained by the District Court for Kraków – Śródmieście in Krakow, 11th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000400208, VAT identification number: 945-216-57-21, REGON statistical number: 122435108, which is the owner of the https://summalinguae.pl website, and is an entity providing services by electronic means.
(b) Email address – an email address accessible only to the User, specified by him in order to receive a Quotation or sign up to the Newsletter.
(c) Failure –status or condition of the Service which prevents the User from the use thereof due to an interruption in the Service’s provision or its suspension due to force majeure events or other reasons not attributable to the Company.
(e) Rules and Regulations – this Website’s Rules and Regulations, available at: https://summalinguae.com/rules-and-regulations/
(f) Website – website https://summalinguae.pl via which Services are rendered.
(g) Parties – the Company and the User.
(h) Text – a text sent by the User to the Company via the form available on the Website, in order to get a Quotation.
(i) Services – services provided free of charge by the Company by electronic means, pursuant to the terms and conditions specified in these Rules and Regulations, and via the Website, such as:
- Quotation – a service consisting of the determination by the Company of estimated remuneration for the translation of a Text,
(j) Newsletter – a service which involves informing Users about special offers, contests, events, news and services of the Company by periodic
electronic transfer of content selected by the Company.
(k) User – an adult natural person that uses the Services.
IV. General Provisions
1. These Rules and Regulations set out the terms and conditions of use of the Website by Users.
2. The name of the Website, its concept, graphic design, software and database, as well as graphics of the Website which have been made available by the Company to Users shall be subject to legal protection.
3. Due to the fact that the services offered via the Website are rendered free of charge, they are not subject to the provisions of the Act of 30 May 2014 on Consumer Rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827), in accordance with Article 3(1)(10) of the Act.
V. Extent of Services Provided and Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website
1. The Company undertakes to render the Services to the extent and under
the terms and conditions specified in these Rules and Regulations.
2. To be able to use the Services, the ICT system used by the User must meet the following minimum technical requirements:
- 1 GHz processor, memory of 512 MB,
- use of Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0. browser or a later version, with software enabling use of plugins such as Java Script, Java applets,
- web browser extension: enabled ActiveXPlayer, an updated DRM component,
- in certain cases, use of such software as Flash, Quicktime, Acrobat Reader, decompression software.
3. In order to ensure the security of messages transferred in conjunction with the Services provided, the Company undertakes to employ technical and organizational measures proportionate to the severity of risk to the security of those Services.
4. Users are obliged to respect the prohibition on abuse of the Website and the ban on the provision via or to the Website content which:
- disrupts or overloads the Website or other entities involved directly or indirectly in the provision of services by electronic means,
- may infringe the rights in personality of third parties, copyright, intellectual property right or trade secrets, or that may in any other way violate applicable law or outrage public decency,
- contains software viruses, such as “Worms”, “Trojan horses”, “key loggers” or source codes, files, folders and computer programs harmful to the Website,
- sends unsolicited messages (spam) or other content prohibited by law.
5. The Company reserves the right to change at any time the features of the Website, in particular through the introduction of new features and functionalities for Users, or to the extent necessary for the smooth performance of the Services.
1. To obtain a Quotation from the Company, the User must correctly fill out the form on the Website by entering his personal information, including an Email address, and send the Text in the .doc format. The size of the file should not exceed 10 MB.
2. The Company provides Quotations from Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
3. Where the text is sent by the User within the time specified in paragraph 2, the Quotation shall be prepared within 15 minutes from the time of its receipt by the Company. Otherwise, the Quotation shall be prepared by 9:00 a.m. on the next working day.
4. The Company will notify the User of having prepared the Quotation and the estimated amount of remuneration for the translation of the Text by sending an email to the Email address. Such information shall not constitute an offer within the meaning of the Civil Code, but merely an invitation to enter into a contract.
5. The Company declares that it will use the Texts only for its own purposes, and the Texts will be destroyed along with any copies thereof within 14 days from the date of the Quotation.
6. The User acknowledges and agrees that he holds, to the extent necessary to use the Website, exclusive proprietary copyright and related rights to the Texts constituting works within the meaning of the Act on Copyright and Derivative Rights.
1. Subscription to the Newsletter shall be voluntary and shall be understood as expressing consent to transfer by the Company of advertisements and commercial information within the meaning of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the Provision of Services by Electronic Means.
2. To sign up for the Newsletter the User needs to enter his Email address on the form available on the Website.
3. The User may opt out of the Newsletter at any time. To do this, the User needs to click the link provided in the email containing the Newsletter or contact the Company directly.
4. Opting out of the Newsletter shall take immediate effect and shall be confirmed with an appropriate message.
5. The Company reserves the right to temporarily suspend the Newsletter service when necessary for technical reasons (e.g. maintenance, alteration or repair of the system), or to cease the provision of the Newsletter service after prior notification sent to Users by email.
1. When using the Services, the User shall be obliged to:
(a) immediately notify the Company of any irregularities, faults or interruptions in the operation of the Website, or poor quality of the Services,
(b) comply with applicable law and the provisions of these Rules and Regulations, in particular not to provide content prohibited by law.
2. The User shall report irregularities relating to the operation of the Services to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Company shall enable via the Website:
(a) means of obtaining information about the Website,
(b) means of reporting faults and Failures.
4. The User has the right to lodge a complaint within one month from the date on which a Service was improperly performed. Complaints submitted after the deadline specified in the preceding sentence shall not be reviewed and the Company shall promptly notify the User thereof.
5. Complaints may be submitted in writing or via other means of remote communication, including electronic, as long as the relevant technical requirements are met.
6. The date of receipt of the complaint by the Company shall be the date of the complaint submission.
IX. Liability of the Company
1. The Company shall be liable for any interruption in the availability of the Website due to a Failure not repaired within 14 days.
2. The Company shall not be liable for any interruption in the availability of
the Website due to a Failure or any interruption caused by the malfunctioning of other ICT systems that affect the operation of the Website, where the proper operation thereof is beyond the control of the Company.
3. The Company shall not be liable for any denial of access to the Website or interruption in access thereto resulting from failure to meet the hardware requirements by the User’s hardware.
4. The Company shall not be liable for limitations in the use of the Website due to the actions of the User or third parties, where such actions were beyond the control of the Company.
X. Personal Data
1. Users agree to have their personal data processed by the Company for purposes related to the use of the Website. Users can voluntarily agree to be provided by the Company with advertising materials, offers and other information.
2. Users shall have the right to access their personal data and have it corrected. In the cases referred to in Article 23(1)(4) and (5) of the Personal Data Protection Act, Users shall have the right to make a justified written request for the cessation of the processing of their personal data, as well as to object to the processing of their personal data for marketing purposes.
3. Users’ personal data may be transferred where local or central government authorities, an arbitration tribunal or other authorities require such information in connection with proceedings and activities conducted by such bodies. Where necessary, such data may also be transferred to attorneys and institutions involved in the recovery of debts arising from unpaid invoices.
4. The Company undertakes to observe telecommunications confidentiality,
which applies to:
(a) information provided via publically-accessible Internet resources,
(b) Users’ data – exclusively within the Company’s Website, only where the information covered by telecommunications confidentiality is not disclosed as a rule, or its disclosure is not necessary for the proper operation of the Website. Information subject to telecommunications confidentiality may be disclosed only in cases specified in applicable regulations.
5. Information covered by telecommunications confidentiality may be processed for purposes related to the operation of the Website, provided this is necessary for its proper operation or for exercising supervision over its proper operation.
XI. Final Provisions
1. The Company may periodically suspend the provision of the Services via the Website due to maintenance.
2. Any disputes arising between the Company and the User shall be referred to courts exercising jurisdiction under the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
3. The recognition of particular provisions of these Rules and Regulations in a manner provided for by law as invalid or unenforceable shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof. The invalid provision(s) shall be replaced with a rule consistent to the maximum possible extent with the objectives of the invalid provision(s) and the entirety of these Rules and Regulations.
4. The current Rules and Regulations shall be published on the Website and provided free of charge to Users upon request.
5. These Rules and Regulations come into force on 8 January 2015.
6. The Company reserves the right to amend these Rules and Regulations. The current version of the Rules and Regulations shall be provided to the User along with the form available on the Website.